It doesn’t seem possible, but it is time to start thinking about scheduling for next school year’s classes!
Starting Monday, December 6th, students and families will start receiving information regarding when your student will schedule for his/her classes for the next school year.
Important Scheduling Dates for Current 8th Grade Students:
Current 8th grade students:
- A parent/guardian and student meeting will be held in the Anderson HS cafeteria on Wednesday, December 8th, starting at 6 p.m.
- On December 13th, current 8th grade students will hear a presentation from 9th grade counselor, Michele Mullins, during their Preparing for Colleges and Careers classes. Scheduling paperwork should be brought home by your student on this day.
- On December 14th, current 8th grade students will enter their course choices into PowerSchool during their Preparing for Colleges and Career classes with the help of the high school counselors.
- The deadline to choose high school courses or make changes to your student's selections is Wednesday, January 5th.
Current 8th grade students will receive the following during their in-school presentation:
- A Parent Letter
- A course selection form, scheduling guide and elective options
Important Scheduling Dates for Current 7th Grade Students:
Current 7th grade students:
- A parent/guardian and student meeting will be held in the Highland MS auditorium on Wednesday, January 5th, starting at 6 p.m. If you were unable to make it to the presentation Wednesday evening, click HERE to see the scheduling presentation.
- On January 20th, current 7th grade students will hear a presentation from HMS school counselors, Danielle Tschida and Donna Wicker, during their social studies classes. Scheduling paperwork should be brought home by your student on this day.
- On January 21st, current 7th grade students will enter their elective choices into a Google form during their social studies classes with the help of HMS staff.
Current 7th grade students will receive the following during their in-school presentation:
- A Parent Letter
- Highland Middle School Course Brochure
- A Student Data Card: using the students’ own data is the best way to insure students are placed in the appropriate classes. This card lists all of the student's scores for iLearn 2021, Fall and Winter NWEA (2021), plus their Achieve Lexile score (reading level). Based on these scores, some students may be required to take Reading (an all year course). Also, some students will be placed in Advanced classes.
QUESTIONS ON THE SCHEDULING PROCESS???
Current 6th and 7th Grade contact: Danielle Tschida (Last names A-M) (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Donna Wicker (Last names N-Z) (email@example.com)
Current 8th Grade contact: Michele Mullins (firstname.lastname@example.org)